Buddha bowls have to be one of my favorite things to eat! It’s full of fresh vegetables, it’s hearty and just down right delicious! My favorite Buddha bowl includes sweet chili tofu, broccoli, peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots and a lettuce base. Check out the recipe below.
What you need:
- 1 pack of extra firm tofu
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 head of fresh broccoli (or 1 bag of fresh broccoli)
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce
- 3 TBS of sweet chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 TSP of black pepper
- 1 TSP of garlic powder
- 1 TSP of sweet paprika
- Olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes however desired (cubes or wedges). Sprinkle paprika and 1 TBS of EVOO on potatoes and mix until all potatoes are covered with oil and seasoning. Place in oven and cook until you can easily stick a fork through them.
- Darin Tofu. Wrap in a paper towel and GENTLY press extra water out of tofu.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 in rectangles and place on an oven safe dish layered with parchment paper. Place in oven and allow tofu to get a light tan color until you take it out.
- Julienne peppers and onions. Cook with 1 TSP of EVOO only for a few minutes, you want them to remain nice and crunchy.
- Mince garlic cloves and steam garlic, remaining seasoning and broccoli for about 4 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer pot, in a pan add about 2 TBS of water with broccoli and garlic and cook for the same amount of time.
- In another pan add sweet chili sauce and tofu together. Cook until sauce cooks down and sticks to tofu.
- Use lettuce at your base of your bowl and plate as desired.
- I personally spiral my carrots and keep them raw but you can just chop them or leave them out if you wish.
Serves up to 3.